All current financial sailing members of RBYC are able to hire one of the club’s RS Quests for a few hours at no additional cost.
The conditions for hire are as follows:
- Good dinghy sailing experience is required
- The boat captain needs to be a current financial sailing member of RBYC. Other crew members are not required to be a club member , on the condition that every non-member registers for a sailPASS at the RBYC Sailing Office
- Club programs that involve the Quests have priority on the use of the boats: while we have a big fleet of 11 boats, there are instances (typically Saturday and Sunday mornings) when no boat may be available
- The boats may only be used during the Sailing Office’s opening hours (9:00am to 5:00pm every day excluding public holidays)
- The RBYC Sailing Office will decide whether you may or may not take the boat out based on your level of experience correlated with weather/sea conditions
For any enquiry, and to book a boat for a specific date (walk-ins are also accepted), you can contact the RBYC Sailing Office on 03 9592 3092.