Many opportunities for sailors of the most popular single-handed dinghy class in history
RBYC Laser Transition Program with Krystal Weir
Krystal Weir, 2 times Olympian in the Laser Radial class, Laser Radial World Champion, multiple Laser Nationals and World Cup winner
- Coaches: Krystal Weir and guest Laser coaches (if required)
It is that time of year where we are all thinking about jumping into a different class or wanting to upskill in the Laser in preparation for next season.
Laser coach Krystal Weir and RBYC once again partnered to offer all aspiring Laser sailors a pathway into this exciting dinghy.
This is a great opportunity for junior and youth sailors to make their first or the next step in the Laser 4.7 class. This is a fast-track program open to all sailors aged between 13 and 16 years old.
During the 6 weeks, we’re gonna work on:
- Hiking technique
- Speed work
- Basic strategy and tactics
- Capsize techniques
- Laser-specific rigging and settings
- Injury prevention (Krystal is a fully-qualified physiotherapist operating a successful business at RBYC)
All payments and boat storage queries will be run through the Sailing and Marina Office. You can get in contact with Francesco for all enquiries (phone: 9592 3092, email: [email protected], working hours: Wed-Sun 9.00am to 5.00pm)
- Sunday April 19 – 9.30am to 12.00pm
- Sunday April 26 – 9.30am to 12.00pm
- Sunday May 3 – 9.30am to 12.00pm
- Sunday May 10 – 9.30am to 12.00pm
- Sunday May 17 – 9.30am to 12.00pm
- Sunday May 24 – 9.30am to 12.00pm
All sessions will be run (if too windy we do land based activities)
- Coaching fee: $ 350
- RBYC membership until EOFY (if needed): $ 45
- Boat storage for the duration of the program (if needed): $ 60
Fill out the form below to enrol today!
Enrolments close April 17 at 5.00pm