This course aims to build on skills learned in Tackers 2 and focuses on advanced sailing skills through games and adventures on the water.
- Water confident
- 7-12 years-old
- Skills, knowledge and experience gained in Tackers 2
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for participants who have completed Tackers 2
By the end of the Tackers 3 course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct method and understand the theory of roll tacking and gybing
- Stopping the boat in a confined areas for a period of time
- Sail backwards
- Understand the theory behind gybing and can demonstrate the action downwind
- Show a sound knowledge of the five essentials:
- Centreboard position
- Boat trim
- Boat balance
- Course made good
- Sail trim
- Start and finish races on a triangle and trapezoid course
- Always use tactical mark roundings in races
You will gain your Tackers 3 completion certificate.