This course aims to build on the fun participants had in Tackers 1, to progress their sailing skills.
- Water confident
- 7-12 years-old
- Skills, knowledge and experience gained in Tackers 1
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for participants who have completed Tackers 1.
By the end of the Tackers 2 course, the participants will be able to:
- Get out of irons on their own
- Safely gybe the boat
- Correctly use the tiller extension
- Sailing around a triangle course, including:
- Upwind – on a close hauled course tacking through the ‘no go zone’
- Downwind – with centreboard up
- Reaching – correct sail position
- Demonstrate a 360 and 720-degree turn
You will gain your Tackers 2 completion certificate.