This course aims to provide children aged 7-12 with a fun, safe and affordable way to get into sailing.
- Water confident
- 7-12 years-old
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for participants who wish to have fun and learn the basics of sailing through games on and off the water.
By the end of the Tackers 1 course, the participants will be able to:
- Steer with tiller extension under towing paddling power
- Tie a figure 8 knot, round twice and two half hitches
- Tack (push turn)
- Gybe (pull turn)
- Reach around a figure of 8 course using both tacking and gybing
- Sail with tiller extension
- Sail upwind and downwind by following the safety boat
You will gain your Tackers 1 completion certificate.