DATE and TIME
Foil labs run from 9am to 4pm and are available on the following days:
ABOUT FOIL LABS
Why not come and be part of a new wave of sailors looking to challenge themselves, learn new skills and have an awesome time!
Core sessions of the FOIL-LAB will be focused on body-centric foiling classes. The aim of these first FOIL-LABS is to develop and pilot the content and coaching framework to help inform future delivery of foil class coaching aimed at existing sailors in Australia.
What is A FOIL-LAB?
A 1 day taster designed to give existing sailors the opportunity to try foiling in a controlled and safe way.
The focus of the clinic will be on:
- Body Intelligence
- Foiling Fundamentals
- Relationship between the body and the foil
- Exposing the Body to Unstable Foiling Environments in safe, scaled setting
What does it include?
- Classroom and on water based sessions to cover theory, practice and simulations
What do I need?
Equipment will be provided but please bring your usual PFD, all participants will be expected to wear helmets which we will provide for the duration of the FOIL-LAB.
Who is this clinic best suited to?
- Existing Youth Sailors aged 14-23 who are at an intermediate level and would like to explore the possibility of transferring skills to the Foil Classes.
- The FOIL-LAB has a maximum of 6 participants to ensure sufficient time for each person to practice the skills learnt in a safe and controlled manner.
If you have any questions relating to your participation in the FOIL-LAB please contact OTB Coordinator Laura Thomson:
[email protected] / (03) 9592 3092
Watch the Youtube clip via the link for a sneak peek!