- This event has passed.
January 28 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm AEDT
OutThere Sailing 2 is an opportunity for 12 – 17 year old’s looking to continually develop their sailing skills while having fun with friends on the water. It’s suitable for those who have completed OutThere 1 or Tackers 1 & 2. By the end of OutThere 2 you will have mastered the basics and be comfortable to sail around on your own with supervision from instructors.
- Water confident
- 12-17 years-old
- Skills, knowledge and experience gained in OutThere 1 or Tackers 1
Sailors will receive their OutThere 2 certificate.
By the end of this course sailors know how to:
- Rig the boat without assistance
- Understand the forecast (and check it!)
- Tie a bowline and 2 half hitches
- Launch and return unassisted (moderate)
- Unassisted capsize recovery
- Trim sails to match direction/conditions
- Internal communication on boat
- Apply 5 essentials on water
- Correctly tack and gybe (moderate)
- Come alongside head to wind
- Apply port/starboard & windward/leeward
- Apply man overboard protocol
If sailors complete all competencies they can move on to OutThere 3!