BLiSS regatta 2019
Royal Brighton Yacht Club – 28th April 2019
Welcome to BLiSS 2019
Royal Brighton Yacht Club and the BLiSS Committee are looking forward to a new format this year, on Sunday April 28th. We’ll be running three short-course races and we really look forward to seeing you there!
The three races in the regatta will provide the fifth and final race of the Port Phillip Women’s Championship Series and for the RBYC female helms, the Associates Cup.
Come and join us!
RBYC Olympic Restaurant – open from 7:00 am for coffee and breakfast and throughout the day for meals and snacks. This is where the presentation will be held also. Here is a link to the restaurant menu: https://rbyc.org.au/restaurant/
Several sponsors have donated race prizes and raffle prizes for the event, and will be participating in the after race function with us. These are:
- AMS (YRSA) who has provided the pre-race training which was held on 24 March and 14 April. Find out all about them at https://www.raceyachts.org/
- Kim Woulfe from de Saint Gall who has organised the major prizes for BLISS PHD as well as the samples of de Saint Gall champagne after racing for all competitors. If you buy a bottle from the bar, $50 will be donated to the “Buoyed Up” Sailing charity
- Mandy Jackson our independent Nutrimetics consultant who has supported the regatta for many years. Mandy will be offering special prices for Bliss competitors and I will have a “Recovery Station” after the racing if you would like a mini pampering or to
sample some products. If you would like to pre order please view the products on her website: my.nutrimetics.com.au/mandyj
and email your order to Mandy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yachtmaster Sailing School for providing a terrific raffle prize – a voucher that entitles the winner to sign up for 1 of 3 courses; these being the Coastal Navigation or Radio or Diesel course. Find out more about what Yachtmaster has to offer on their website yachtmaster.com.au
- K2 Physiotherapy who has donated a gift voucher raffle prize and is located conveniently on site here at RBYC. You can find out more about the services K2 provides here http://www.k2health.com.au/
BLiSS training days
As part of the BLiSS regatta, the BLiSS organising committee have organised two training days at Royal Brighton Yacht Club with RBYC’s club head coach Adrian Finglas. This is a great opportunity to get some great coaching from one of the Nation’s best coaches.
Land-based training begins at 10.00am at RBYC, followed by a short-course practice session with Adrian onboard to provide advice to individual teams.
Booking is essential. Click on the buttons below to register your boat for one or both days.
How to reach the club
RBYC is located at 253 Esplanade, Middle Brighton, 3186 Victoria.
The car park inside the club is reserved to senior members of the club. There is an ample paid car park just outside the club, in front of the Brighton Baths, for stays up to 4 hours.
Alternatively, many of the nearby side streets offer free parking for non residents.