Hi Fellow Cruisers,
Cruising Group has managed to have 3 successful events so far since the restrictions have eased and it has been great to catch up with everyone again after the lockdown.
There are still 2 more dates for your diary in December and then the important 30th Birthday of Cruising Group in January. The information evening for the Bass St cruise is this Friday 4th Dec so if you have yet to contact Robina about your expression of interest and booking for dinner please do so ASAP.
Another exciting development is the addition of a series of races for the Ingenue Trophy to be held along with the Brighton Championship Races. This will be a series specifically for RBYC Cruising Group members whose boats are set up for cruising. The races will start 5 mins after the Brighton Championship races. Races are scheduled for 30th January 2021 3 hour race, 20th March 2021 Long Passage race and 17th April 2021 4 hour race. Please check the website closer to the time for more details and how to enter but put them in your diary now.
Bass Strait Cruise in Company 2021
- The Annual Bass Strait Cruise in Company will be from 20th February to 8th March, 2021.
- Friday 4th December – 6pm – There be an information evening for the Bass Strait Cruise run by Commodore Peter Strain. He will cover skippers’ responsibilities, boat preparations that may be needed, among other things and answer any questions you may have.
- It is proposed that people could stay to dine at the club after the meeting. A few have already booked but if you have not let Robina know you are staying for dinner please do so ASAP.
- If you haven’t already done so, please email Robina Smith [email protected] with your expression of interest in participating in the Bass Strait Cruise, whether you will be attending the information evening and whether you intend to stay for dinner with the number that needs to be booked.
Saturday 12th December – 6pm – Hardstand Christmas Party
- This will take the form of a BYO everything picnic including tables, chairs, food etc. There will be NO BBQ provided or tables and chairs from the club due to the restricted access to the pier. There can also be NO carol singing which will disappoint some people.
- It looks like this will be able to take place with 50 people allowed to gather together outside. Now we just need Hughie on our side!
16th/17th January 2021 – 30th Birthday of the RBYC Cruising Group
- Saturday 16th January – 7pm – Dinner in the Bayview Room to celebrate the 30th birthday of the Cruising Group. 65 people are currently allowed to attend so booking will be essential.
The cost will be $50 for a two course dinner plus birthday cake.
Dress will be smart casual.
Come for an evening of Cruising Group History Trivia, historical photo display and even maybe some music plus of course the usual camaraderie amongst fellow cruisers.
Booking with Mandy in the RBYC office by Monday 11th January. Email: [email protected] or phone Mandy on 95923092
Please let us know if you book and are then unable to attend as there will be a wait list.
- Sunday 17th January – Annual Birthday Cruise to Royals.
A cruise to RYCV at Williamstown for lunch. Boats will be leaving RBYC marina around 10am. BYO picnic lunch (no BBQ’s due to Covid restrictions) or order off the menu at their bar.
Please advise Robina Smith [email protected] if you intend to come and how many you will have on board so we can have some idea of berthing requirements and numbers attending. I also need the phone numbers of those attending to add to the booking, or one phone number for a group.
We have booked tables on the lawn area for 50 people. With the current guidelines for Covid, clubs have limited numbers they can accommodate for their hospitality spaces therefore it is necessary to let Robina know numbers to keep within their guidelines. Bookings for the Dining room and deck are full table service. Please book these with RYCV yourselves if you wish to avail yourself of this service.
Please email booking coordinator Robina Smith [email protected] your bookings and expressions of interest for the following events:
- 20th Feb to 8th March – Annual Bass Strait Cruise
- Friday 4th December- 6pm – Information evening for Bass Strait Cruise in Company
- Friday 4th December – 7.30pm – Dinner after information evening with numbers attending.
- Sunday 17th January – 30th Birthday Cruise to RYCV at Williamstown
Book with Mandy at RBYC reception [email protected] or phone Mandy on 95923092 for
- 30th Birthday Dinner on Saturday 16th January
Hon Secretary RBYC Cruising Group