The provisional Australian Sailing Youth Team (ASYT) has been announced at the 2020 Australian Youth Championships at Sorrento Sailing and Couta Boat Club (SSCBC).
The team, which requires ratification from the Australian Sailing Board before being finalised, will represent Australia at the Hempel Youth Sailing World Championships in Salvador, Brazil in 12 – 19 December 2020.
The announcement came after only two days of four were raced at the Australian Youth Championships due to light wind and smoke haze from the Australian bushfires.
The provisional Australian Youth Sailing Team is:
- Int 29er Boys: Ethan Galbraith and Charles Zeeman (TAS)
- Int 29er Girls: Zoe Dransfield and Maddie Mcleay (NSW)
- Int 420 Boys: Linus Talacko and Lachlan Grogan (VIC)
- Int 420 Girls: Bridget Conrad and India Gilbert (NSW)
- Laser Radial Boys: Michael Compton (WA)
- Laser Radial Girls: Mina Ferguson (NSW)
- Nacra 15: Georgia Payne and Nathan Bryant (WA/NSW)
- Techno 293 Plus: Grae Morris (NSW)
- Techno 293 Plus: Amelia Quinlan (NSW)